19-38 Drum Sander
Perfect for the small shop or woodworking enthusiast, the SuperMax 19-38 Drum Sander reduces the tedium of hand sanding, speeds up the sanding process, and produces more consistent results! Find out how it compares to other brands, watch videos and more!
Share This Product:
The 19-38 Drum Sander comes standard on the Open Stand. The drum is pre-wrapped with 80 grit sandpaper. Additional accessories and sandpaper are available for purchase. Full machine features and specs can be found below.
The 19-38 Drum Sander was awarded 5 out of 5 stars by WOOD magazine, and received the Editor’s Pick award from American Woodworker magazine.
Exceptional SuperMax Features
We’ve addressed issues common with other drum sanders by adding five features that are exclusive to our 19-38 machines. No other drum sander on the market has these features!
- Simple alignment feature Just one nut will adjust the conveyor to parallel the sanding head, making aligning the conveyor to the sanding head fast and easy.
- Indexed alignment setting Has an indexed alignment setting for narrow and wide stock. When sanding stock wider than 19”, the index lever will properly adjust the conveyor for flawless wide sanding.
- Easy height adjustments A thrust bearing below the handle and a nut positioned above prevents the drum from moving out of the set position while sanding. No backlash or slop in the height adjustment mechanism allowing easier and smoother height adjustments.
- Extra-wide conveyor to properly support stock over 19” wide. The conveyor table is 22” wide to add support to the work piece.
- Drum will never go “out of alignment” The drum carriage is bolted to the base, preventing any movement or alignment issues.
- INTELLISAND™ Technology: Automatically adjusts conveyor speed based on load
- Prevents gouging, damaging or burning stock
- Provides consistent finish even with varying grain pattern and density
- Greatly increases abrasive planing and dimensioning speed
- Flatness Guarantee: Precision-flattened steel conveyor bed reinforced with four steel cross sections for no “flex” in conveyor, guaranteeing flatness to less than .010″ across the width of the sander
- Abrasive conveyor belt offers the best grip for raw wood, giving you the ability to accommodate stock that is much shorter or thinner
- Patented Abrasive Attachment System effectively tensions the abrasive wraps, preventing loose abrasive and overlap
- Easiest access to abrasive fastening system of any drum sander! Extra wide space to access fasteners to eliminate need for special tools.
- Self-cooling drum prevents overheating and extends abrasive life
- Tension rollers are adjustable in height and hold down pressure, eliminating snipe
- Excellent dust extraction as dust cover is formed to shape of drum
Metal, not plastic, is formed to maximize air flow and dust extraction
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction for strength, rigidity and reduced vibration
The 19-38 Drum Sander comes standard with the Open Stand and the drum is pre-wrapped with 80 grit sandpaper.
|71938-D||19-38 Drum Sander w/open stand||$1,399.00|
|71938-7F||Folding Infeed/Outfeed Tables (10″D x 23″W)||$129.00|
|98-0130||Casters (Set of 4)||$89.00|
|71938-DRO||Digital Depth Gauge||$109.00|
|59120||Abrasive Cleaning Stick||$11.99|
|875600||Expandable Roller Conveyor||$179.99|
*Pricing subject to change*
NOTE: The folding infeed/outfeed tables are attached with two bolts per side and fold down and out of the way, minimizing storage footprint size.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 19-38 DRUM SANDER AND THE 19-38 COMBO SANDER?
The 19-38 Drum Sander is an open-ended drum sander only; the drum is not interchangeable with any heads. The 19-38 Combo can be equipped with different brush heads for profile sanding (flatter brush head), distressing (wire brush head), cleaning reclaimed wood (nylon brush head), and sanding flat stock with a drum. The 19-38 Combo machine is equipped with an AC Inverter that allows the brushes to be run at variable speeds, whereas the 19-38 Drum Sander only runs at a constant speed.
CAN I CONVERT THE 19-38 DRUM SANDER INTO A BRUSH MACHINE LIKE THE 19-38 COMBO?
Although they look similar, no, it’s not possible to convert the 19-38 Drum Sander into a brush sander. The 19-38 Drum Sander is not equipped with an AC Inverter, which allows the brush heads to be run at variable speeds. The casting of the 19-38 Combo machine is also different from that of the 19-38 Drum. If you feel you want the option of using a drum and a brush, we recommend the 19-38 Combo machine.
CAN I CONVERT MY 110V MACHINE INTO 220V?
No. The conveyor motor and variable speed control (where applicable) are voltage-specific.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR DRUM SANDERS AND OTHER BRANDS?
Intellisand automatically adjust feed speed to help prevent burning of stock. They also increase abrasive life and prevent damaging sander if “over fed”, set too deep or stock is thicker in middle or end.
All SuperMax sander have infinitely adjustable conveyor feed rates for precise settings.
All SuperMax sanders use a self-cooling drum which effectively dissipates heat from sanding, thus extending abrasive life, reducing the chance of burning and prevents over-heating and warping of the drum.
All SuperMax drum sanders are precision engineered for long life.
All SuperMax sanders use a computer balanced drum(s) and drive train components to prevent ripple on the surface of stock being processed and to extend life of bearings and other parts.
All SuperMax drum sanders use an exclusive abrasive conveyor belt which offers the best grip and no-give grip to stock being sanded.
All SuperMax drum sanders use a patented self-tightening abrasive attachment system, making the common task of changing abrasives fast, simple and tool free.